The PEFA Secretariat is inviting you to join our first global webinar on the integration of gender considerations into the design, implementation, and evaluation of budget policies on Thursday, May 14, 2020 from 9:00 to 11:00 AM Washington DC time.
During the webinar we will present our recently launched framework for assessing gender responsive public financial management (GRPFM). The new methodology measures the degree to which countries’ PFM institutions, processes, and systems are gender responsive, and how they can be further strengthened to ensure that public services, funded through the budget, respond to the needs of different beneficiaries.
The framework has been pilot tested in seven countries around the world, including in Haiti, Indonesia, and Ukraine. The webinar will present the experience from these pilots as well as the planned next steps.
At the end of the webinar participants will be able to explain:
- How PFM can support the design and implementation of pubic services that respond to the needs of men and women, youth and elderly?
- How PEFA measures countries’ efforts in integrating gender considerations in PFM?
- How gender responsive PFM has been mainstreamed in Haiti, Indonesia, and Ukraine, and what were lessons learned from applying the PEFA gender responsive PFM framework?
- Emeline Bredy, Financial Management Specialist, The World Bank
- Maja Bosnić, Business Development Director for PFM, NIRAS International Consulting
- Martin Bowen, Senior Public Sector Specialist, PEFA Secretariat
- Romawaty Sinaga, Public Sector Specialist, The World Bank
- Urška Zrinski, Public Sector Specialist, PEFA Secretariat
This will be a global delivery of a webinar we recently delivered for South East Europe in cooperation with the Center of Excellence in Finance.